Minutes

Minutes – November 30, 2011

Minutes – November 21, 2011

OC Gateway Meeting Minutes 101911

Minutes – September 7, 2011

Minutes – August 30, 2011

Minutes – August 4, 2011

Minutes – July 27, 2011

Minutes – July 13, 2011

Archive

PDFNotes_Advisory Committee Meetings as of June 29 2011

Oak Cliff Gateway Meeting Recap June 29, 2011

Members present: Christian Chernock, Don Maison, Amanda Cross, Jon Roy Reid, Rob Garza, John Barr, Jim House, Linda Holt, Jim Cullar

Members absent: Michael Mendoza, Tino Jalomo, Pete Schenkel, Dan Eddy

Others present: Mike Anglin (Ex Officio), Richard Davis (Ex Officio), Larry Good, Planning Consultant, Scott Griggs, Dallas City Council, Bob Stimson, Oak Cliff Chamber, Alana Harrison, Oak Cliff People, Brian Moore, Planner

The meeting was called to order at approximately 4:05 PM.  Mr. Good presented a draft of his initial recommendation for the Oak CLiff Gateway zoning categories that were aproved by the Dallas City Council in December, 2009.

After discussion and review, the advisory committee (AC) recommended by consensus the following:

[] Multi-Use High Density (MU-HD) for the northwest corner of Colorado Blvd. and N. Marsalis Avenue

[] MU Transition zoning on the west side of N. Marsalis Avenue in the Lake Cliff Historic District

[] Bed & Breakfast with a Special Use Permit (SUP) be permitted in neighbourhood infill.

Chernock inquired about the neighborhood infill zoning designation.  Good explained that it was used for existing neighborhoods and not for parcels adjacent to existing neighborhoods.

Chernock inquired about the neighborhood infill zoning designation.  Good explained that is was used for existing neighborhoods and not for parcels adjacent to existing neighborhoods.

Chernock inquired about cell towers and having them fall under a special use permit (SUP) for all sub-districts.  Anglin stated that he recalled the CIty Planning COmmission already address cell towers with an SUP provision.  Good said that he would research and advise on the issue.

There was discussion and consensus by AC that invitations to non-AC members not be extended by without approval by AC in advance of such an invitation.

Notes drafted by Don Maison, reviewed by Bob Stimson and Christian Chernock and redacted by Michael Mendoza

Oak Cliff Gateway Meeting Recap May 18, 2011

Members presnt: Jon Roy Reid, Jim House, John Barr, Linda Holt, Dan Eddy, Christian Chernock

Visitors/Others: Bob Stimpson, Mike Anglin, Larry Good

Notes

Linda Holt reported concerns of the Old Oak Cliff Conservation League that the OC Gateway Steering Committee is changing its mission. The group is urged to respond when appropriate.

Christian Chernock reaffirmed the goal of the committee is to implement the plan adopted by the Dallas City Council in December 2009.

Larry Good gave an overview of questions to be answered to enact plan: i.e., define mixed-use vs. adaptive re-use; list acceptable uses; amend the thoroughfare plan.

The group discussed known street modifications that had been proposed over the years so that Larry Good might find out the status and incorporate them into the plans.

There was discussion on the need to address continued viability of existing businesses.

Larry anticipates including sign regulations.

Discussion of the possibility including sustainability rules into zoning.

Next meeting is June 29, 4PM at the Oak Cliff Chamber; then the public meeting on July 11 at 7:30 PM in the Hitt Auditorium at Methodist Hospital. Linda Holt will develop an outreach plan for the public meeting.

 

Oak Cliff Gateway Meeting Recap February 8, 2011 Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce

In Attendance – John Barr, Christian Chernock, Amanda Cross, Jim Cullar, Robert Garza, Linda Holt, Jim House, Augustine “Tino” Jalomo, Don Maison, Jon Roy Reid and Bob Stimson

Not in Attendance – Michael Mayo, Michael Mendoza and Pete Schenkel

Discussion Items

The Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce executed the contract with Larry Good for $35,500 with the understanding that the work would not commence until the money was raised in advance. The committee has set a goal of raising $45,000 to cover unforeseeable expenses.

The committee provided updates on persons contacted and committed funds. It was agreed that an “official” letter should go out on the committee’s efforts to help in raising funds. Tino, Bob and Don will draft up a letter by week’s end and provide to the committee. Bob has approved the letter coming from The Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce with a copy going to City Council Representatives Delia Jasso and David Neumann.

The Chamber will open an account with Bank of Texas.

Funds should be raised by February 22, 2011.

Including the initial $5,000 contribution, committed funds bring the total to about $15K.

It was discussed that the Blog will be a simple to navigate, easy to use site that will feature minutes from our meetings, maps with highlighted areas, additional documents. A general invitation to the community will also be included for those who would like to contribute. A thermometer that monitors contribution goals will be featured on the blog.

Note – from a previous meeting, the blog was also to be used more as an interactive exchange for input or comments.

Michael and Tino will meet to discuss.

Jim Lake has requested to meet with the committee to provide an overview of the process he has started with the City of Dallas regarding Elsbeth property (the nursing home). The committee has agreed. Don will call Jim Lake to get specifics and estimated time for presentation.

An invitation will go out to Jim and scheduled upon completion of the fundraising efforts.

The committee agreed that this is the last part of a process that started two and a half years ago. The committee is not changing anything but rather codifying or clearly defining what the zoning is.

Next step is to draft the letter, schedule Jim Lake presentation, continue raising funds and establish the blog or site.

Respectfully submitted by Augustine “Tino” Jalomo February 9, 2011

 

Oak Cliff Gateway Meeting Recap January 18, 2011 Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce

In Attendance – Mike Anglin, Christian Chernock, Amanda Cross, Jim Cullar, Robert Garza, Larry Good, Linda Holt, Jim House, Augustine “Tino” Jalomo, Don Maison, Michael Mayo, Michael Mendoza, Jon Roy Reid, Bob Stimson

Not in Attendance – Pete Schenkel

Purpose

To review Larry Good’s presentation and request for proposal.

Discussion Items

Larry Good presented his firm’s capabilities and discussed the estimate he provided Bob Stimson for completing the work. The estimate of $30,000 was including approximately $15,000 for Jackson Walker.

It was discussed and agreed by the committee that Larry should go ahead and revise his estimate to reflect a more realistic number considering the expectations (and previous Bishop Davis Land Use Study initiative).

Larry Good would revise and resubmit an estimate within 3 to 4 business days.

Our two chairs, Don Maison and Christian Chernock will serve as liaison to Larry Good directly with Larry Good.

A fixed rate contract was preferred so that additional funds would not be needed.

Fundraising would be discussed at the next committee meeting.

Committee discussed taking a closer look at the City’s thoroughfare plan; see how it can work in tandem with the public. Mike Anglin will look into the thoroughfare hearing and report to the committee.

The idea of setting up a blog (similar to Bishop Davis) was discussed and agreed upon. Michael Mendoza and Tino Jalomo will work together on doing this.

This initiative will help drive the strategy to communicate with “one voice” and with transparency (and publicity).

It was recommended that everyone do a drive by and look at the areas that are within this scope of the Trinity Corridor District.

The next meeting is set for Tuesday January 25, 2011 at the Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce at 4:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Augustine “Tino” Jalomo January 22, 2011

 

Oak Cliff Gateway Meeting Recap January 11, 2011 Dallas City Hall

In Attendance – Christian Chernock, Jim Cullar, Robert Garza, Linda Holt, Jim House, Augustine “Tino” Jalomo, Don Maison and Michael Mayo; David Kossum, City Planning Commissioner Michael Anglin, City Council Members Delia Jasso and David Neumann

Not in Attendance – Michael Mendoza, Jon Roy Reid and Pete Schenkel

Purpose

City Council Members Delia Jasso and David Neumann have requested volunteers each representing Districts 1 and 3 to serve on this panel for the Trinity Corridor District, the Oak Cliff Gateway.

Discussion Items

The goal for this committee will be to take the visioning statement previously adapted by City of Dallas and provide a recommendation on what to do in the area of Trinity Corridor District that includes Districts 1 and 3. A “zoning product” or a guide for others to know what’s possible in this area is ultimately the end result.

In addition to previous information, planning documents and approved plans, additional City of Dallas resources will be available for this committee.

It was also discussed that an outside consulting group could be employed to assist with planning and final document preparation.

City Council Member David Neumann requested that the committee keep in mind any additional projects that would affect the area (i.e. Greenbriar Extension).

Timing was discussed: the initiative could take anywhere from 2 months to 2 years with the desire to take as minimal time as possible.

A chair and a vice chair was voted upon by the group – through March Don Maison will serve as chair.  Christian Chernock will serve as vice chair-chair.  Around March, Christian will take over as chair and Don will serve as vice-chair.  Tino Voluynteered to serve as committee secretary.

It was agreed that the committee would meet every so often with times alternating from morning to late afternoon. This would provide convenience for committee members to make most of the meetings. In addition, the location of the meeting would change to allow visibility for the community and transparency.

Every effort will be made to make sure that the community understands what the committee is charged with and that this is not an initiative to unchange that which has been approved. The clear goal of developing a zoning product that can be delivered to City Hall is the main objective.

The next step for the committee was to set up a presentation from Larry Good and his company along with a request for proposal.

Respectfully submitted by Augustine “Tino” Jalomo January 22, 2011

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog Stats

  • 20,510 Page Views

Archives

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 474 other followers

%d bloggers like this: